Thursday, February 21, 2008

What I'm Into Right Now, Pt. 3

I am having a really hard time pulling it together today, dudes. I've had a shit ton of coffee. I keep making all these typos because my fingers keep tripping over themselves, like a kitten that is still learning how to run. No segues are springing to mind, so, umm, here we go!


1. Flight of the Conchords



This was another Mindy Kaling recommend (She is never, ever wrong, guys. Seriously.). I don't have cable, so I tend to be a little behind on a lot of great shows. I am so glad that I have caught up! I really enjoy Novelty Music, and so much the better when it is laid down by cute dudes with adorable accents. Rent it!!


2. All Purpose Pizza

This isn't so much something I am into right now, it's more something I am obsessed with all the time. All Purpose makes the best pizza I have ever had in my life. I know I am prone to hyperbole, but this shit is no joke. A couple weeks ago, I had a bite that was so perfect I very nearly cried. Over pizza. Here's the deal: the crust is sourdough, so it has this delicious tanginess to it. The sauce is made with reduced red wine, and I am drooling a little just thinking about it. My favorite topping of theirs is carmelized onions. The meatballs are great, too. And the website has really charming animation, though it is kind of a pain in the ass to navigate.


3. Slash



Slash is the coolest person who has ever lived, hands down. I am currently reading his autobiography, and it is awesome. Did you know that his mom had an affair with David Bowie? And that Slash was an insanely cute kid? Check this shit out:


Oh my god, right? When will they get cloning technology worked out so I can have a Baby Slash? I will pay top dollar.

3. Polyvore

I like to strategize my wardrobe several months in advance. Usually it's not too specific; a color scheme, or type of dress, or a concept, like, the Incognito Waitress. But that was before I found out about Polyvore. I'll let them explain it to you:
" Polyvore is a unique, easy-to-use web-based application for mixing and matching products from any online store. Items are pulled together into a visual set of products that can be shared with anyone. Each product within the set is then linked back to the online store where it is available for purchase."

The other day I decided I really want a pot leaf t-shirt, right? But I wasn't sure how I would wear it. "What goes with a pot leaf t-shirt?", I asked myself. So I went to Polyvore and worked it the fuck out!

Bam! Business taken care of!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you are SO right, Slash is amazing.

Last week on Valentine's Day I was listening to classic rock radio, which I hasten to say I rarely do. But on this particular day, they were taking requests and Slash and his wife called in and each dedicated a request to the other.

His wife dedicated "Wild Horses". (Which I thought was kind of an odd choice, but whatevs.)

Slash's choice? "Dear Prudence". Slash rules!!

Also: that IS the cutest child I've ever seen. If you find out how to get a black market cloned baby Slash, please hook me up with one too. They can be best friends!!

Caralee said...

so have i ever told you how ive always thought slash was hot? i get a lot of shit for this but i cant help it. ive had a crush on him and tom petty since i was like 8 years old.

also you dont need another pot shirt. you already have one that has pot leaves forming bob marley's face dont you? ones enough.

Chelsea said...

we have talked about how Slash is a total babe.

where is the rule written that I can't have more than one pot shirt?

Callie said...

Dude, that polyvore website is totally overwhelming. If you don't already have an article of clothing/accessory in mind (such as a pot leaf shirt) where do you even begin?! Also, I've been wanting to try APP for a long time, but I didn't become privy to its existence until after I moved to Eastlake, where they do not deliver. They have like, the smallest delivery

Chelsea said...

pull yourself together, callie.

Scott Goodwin said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

I don't know if you know about this but I think you might need to. I don't have your email.