Monday, February 4, 2008

I Love a Man in Uniform?



I don't know what the hell is going on, but Seattle seems to be filled with highly attractive men who happen to be wearing uniforms. I first started noticing this when I was working at the War Room. Due to the newness of the club and it's quick popularity, we received nearly weekly visits from the fire department. The first time I looked up to see a pair of fire fighters who appeared to have stepped off the pages of a charity calendar, I wrote it off as a fluke. But it kept happening. Over and over again. And then I started noticing hot cops all over the place!! And UPS guys!!!


So, I have a couple theories about this.

1. Fire fighting and package delivery are very physical, outdoorsy occupations, so of course those dudes are in great physical shape. But that doesn't explain the whole chiseled jaw, dreamy eyes factor.

2. In this uncertain, Post-9/11 world, I crave security, and as a result have begun to romanticize Protectors. But that doesn't explain the UPS guys.



(so nurturing.)

3. Perhaps I have always had a latent uniform fetish lurking in the recesses of my psyche, but have only recently been exposed to enough uniformed men to realize it. If fetishes are genetic, this one is probably it, as my mom is totally gross about Men In Uniform.

4. David Beckham



I don't actually have anything to say about this one. Just, umm, wow.

Seriously, guys, have you noticed this too, or is it just me? Also, those of you who are not in Seattle, is this happening where you are? Get back to me on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES. We have so of the hunkiest UPS men in NYC.

Love the new blog, by the way.

Logan Office Cleaning said...

Grateeful for sharing this